The story of one blended, happy family of five.
That's one mom, one dad, two litle boys and a teenage daughter!
IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday - Craft Day

I totally forgot that today was Super Bowl Sunday! Seriously, what world am I living in, huh? Today, we have again done a whole lot of NOTHING! I love weekends like this. The only thing I don't love about this weekend is having TWO sick kiddos! Colin is still taking meds for his pneumonia and he has an AWFUL cough. Cade started running a fever today as well. Cade hasn't been sick very much at all this season and that really makes my heart happy.

I blogged yesterday saying that I was going to start Cade's Valentine's for his class today. I should say that both boys are giving their classes the same thing. Yesterday I picked up everything else I needed to finish this project so here goes my step by step! Haha!
First, I chose a cute font and printed labels off the computer that said "I DIG YOU Love, Cade"

Then, I took the labels off the label paper and stuck them on to red cardstock.
Next, I used my paper trimmer and cut them into neat rectangles.
After that, I used my corner rounder and made the corners round.
Finally, I punched a whole in the corner so I could tie my ribbon.
Now after making the labels I had to put the hearts in these cute little clear baggies with cute ties. I had to tie the bags of candy hearts to the shovel (now do you get the I dig you - haha!).
And just one photo so you can see what it looks like!
I have a variety of shovel colors - red, pink, and white! These are really easy and fun to make. Plus I think they are going to be so cute to give out.

I also just walked into my living room to find this...

What would keep them sitting in the living room so nicely?
Yes, it was Your Backyard Friends! We love them around our house!

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0