The story of one blended, happy family of five.
That's one mom, one dad, two litle boys and a teenage daughter!
IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Parrrty!

I can't believe Colin is going to be turning 3 in less than a month!  It just doesn't seem possible.  I remember, the moment I knew I was pregnant with him, the moment it was confirmed that I was pregnant with him.  The heartbreak I experienced at the doctor's office to "date" my pregnancy.  The doctor told me she was pretty sure I was only 3 weeks pregnant when I should have been 6, I knew I should have been 6 and I knew what I should have seen on that screen.  She told me now to worry, but I left there in complete and total tears.  Getting to my car as quickly as I could so that I could call Larry and have my official break down!  Larry talked to me and told me I was being silly, maybe my dates were just off, etc.  Well, Larry was RIGHT! I went back at the beginning of January and I was 9 week pregnant with a little growing baby.  I was so excited and I had been worked up for NO reason at all.  It still just seems unreal that my little tiny baby is now a big boy and turning 3 very quickly!  
Tonight, I started working on his party.  It is just going to be a family party with a few close friends invited, so nothing too major.  We are going with a theme though... PIRATES!  Colin LOVES pirates!  He has two pirate ships and he plays with them ALL the time.  He talks about pirates, plays pirates, and watches pirates.   So what would be better than having him a Pirate Parrrty!  

These are the two invitations I came up with.  I found the red/white striped background online.  It was a freebie for Powerpoint, so I thought I would give it a try.  
This is what I got! 

So now I would love to know which one is your favorite?  Do you like one better than the other?  Do you think both of them need a redo?  Or scratch these and start with a whole new invitation?

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0